Friday, August 31, 2012

Tears are good stress reliever :)

I am female, and yes I use that as an excuse whenever I feel like nothing can calm me but a good cry. Today, after 4 years of going through the same process, I cried. I was not promoted. 

That sounded childish, but it's not. (of course, I'd say it's not) I'm not after the salary increase that comes along with it because I got my share of that. It's more of self worth, actually. Of knowing your're doing good, that you are excelling in what you do. Today I cried because I felt stupid, and having been a tutor and lecturer for more than 6 years before becoming a developer, for me that's the worst feeling ever. 

I couldn't even post anything in Facebook, because I wanted to be happy for my friends who leveled up and I am. I just couldn't give a warm congratulations now because I feel bad for myself. No, I'm not envious and no I am not comparing myself to others. I am comparing myself to me, and I wanted so bad to be a better version of me. 

I've cried. I feel better. I've identified my weaknesses. I have plans on how to improve and will implement them as soon as I can. 

Moving forward. :) 
Rating, see you next fiscal year with a smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment