Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Amici Dinner Date

After one badminton game, Hubby and I decided to go to Megamall and hear an anticipated Mass. We took the MRT to Ortigas and boy was it I-can-smell-everyone full! I don't take the train going to work but I know  how it gets crowded during rush hour. When we got to the mall, it was already dinner time and unfortunately for us there were no more Mass we could attend so we decided to scout for a diner and eat. A friend told me about Amici before and said that it was like Italianni's but cheaper. I have never eaten at Italianni's so I wouldn't know the price difference but still we went ahead and tried their cooking. 


Amici serves pasta and pizzas. They also have rice on their menu but since I'm not in the mood for rice, Hubby and I chose 2 of their best sellers. 

Their Spaghetti Ai Tesori Del Mare was basically spaghetti in chili oil with tomatoes, scallops, clams and mussels. I like seafood and though I'm more into the red-sauced pasta, surprisingly I liked this one. Though it  had chili oil, it was not that spicy. 


We also had their Pollo Arrostito which is roasted half chicken. Though in their menu, it's indicated that it made their list of best sellers, it's actually not that good as I expected. 


Their servings are good enough for 2 people but it also depends on your appetite. I was already full after finishing my plate but since we didn't want to take the chicken home, we also cleared that one. The food was not that exceptional. Though the pasta tasted great, I was kind of wishing we could have picked something else in place of the chicken. 


Oh and they have Gelato too but we didn't try it. We have no more tummy room for it. :p

Amici:
Atrium, 3rd level, SM Megamall
Edsa corner Julia Vargas Ave., Mandaluyong City 
Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment