Saturday, April 20, 2013

MY-SG with the Family (042013) - Day 1

Tita Kite saw the pictures we had when we took our MY-SG vacation and since then, she asked me to book one for her family. Since mama and papa also wanted to go out of the country but didn't want to go without me (takot ang parents mag-isa hehe), I booked a flight to MY-SG for 10. Yes, 10 - me and my parents, tita kite, lola, 3 cousins and 2 boyfriends. The more, the merrier right? :p

Being OC, all expenses for our 4-day trip (april 13 - 16) were listed in an excel sheet for an easy accounting because everything was charged to our credit card. Everything was set a month before our actual travel date except for where we'd be staying in MY because the original flat I rented had some tenant trouble a week before our reserved date and they had to shut down operations for a bit. Good thing a college friend is working in MY and knew where best to stay for a cheaper price. He was also the one who helped me with all the travel arrangements we needed while in MY. 

The flight to MY is 8pm-ish. We were at the airport around 6 but to our horror the flight was 2 hours delayed. We had a van waiting in MY and since we were late for 2 hours, we were charged extra (which was actually ok, I really thought he'd leave and I was worried how we can get to the apartment by commuting). The MY airport was already closing because we were the last flight for the day. The airport is an hour away from KL so we arrived at the apartment around 3 in the morning.Though the apartment was near a train station, we had a hard time locating it. The owner's sister greeted us at the elevator and showed us the apartment. The apartment itself is clean but the building looked neglected. The parking was bad, the elevator full of vandalism and you have to be careful when you walk as the compound streets are littered with used diapers. 



I had very little sleep because I told my cousins to wake up by 5. Our bus going to Genting Highlands leaves by 8 am, and we have 1 bathroom for 10 people in the apartment so it is needed that we were up early. We had noodles for breakfast and took a 15 minute cab to KL Central to meet my friend for our tickets. 

We were at Genting at 9 am. We did the same thing we did when I was with H and college friends - rode the cable car and tool lots of photos inside Resorts World. The only difference is this time, since we are going to Universal Studios in Singapore, we took the buffet instead of the ride all you can in the theme park. I'm not an adventurous eater so I didn't enjoy the food that much except for a few. 





After Genting, we bought some dried candies at the mall where we waited for the bus that will take us back to KL. While waiting, a van driver offered a ride to this chocolate store 5 minutes away for RM20. We were told that they sell prime chocolate for a cheaper price so we went to buy pasalubong. Too bad we didn't get to take photos but boy it was a small store filled with chocolates. There were free tastes too! I bought 3 pouches of assorted chocolates which cost P1000. It was pricey for me yes but they were really good! :) 

From KL we rode the train going to Batu Caves. I stayed with the parents, Lola and Tita Kite at the foot of the caves sipping Buko Juice while waiting for the cousins to descend from their climb. We took the train back to KL and had dinner at SOGO mall. We also bought some chocolates there which were a lot cheaper than the earlier ones. I bought Old Town coffee and milk tea for H and a bag of chocolates for the officemates. 

It was a tiring day and since I didn't have enough sleep, I was already snoozing at 10 in the evening.

Next Day: KL Bus Tour, Central Market, Petronas Tower and China Town

No comments:

Post a Comment