Friday, January 18, 2013

Eating in an Igloo - Eskimo Bob!

No, we didn't eat in an Igloo, just toying with the title :p We tried Eskimo Bob way back when we were still dating. It was one of our usual window-shopping-muna-kasi-di-pa-sweldo dates in Megamall, we got tired and he wanted to try something new. Eskimo Bob is at the 4th level, Mega Atrium. It's a small diner and one who is not particularly looking for a place to eat can easily miss it. 

Since we were feeling really hungry, we ordered 2 meals, their soup of the day and a pizza His was a porkchop meal and mine was Spaghetti with meatballs. I love spaghetti but only the sweet tasting ones, like how mama used to make for us when my brother and I were kids, so when my order arrived I was actually praying it wouldn't taste Italian. 


But no, the prayer was not answered *sigh*. The sauce was sour. <sad face here> Good thing there was a ketchup in our table. I mixed a tablespoon or two with my pasta and voila, Filipino style spaghetti! Wee! :) But there was another problem. When I started with the meatballs, to our horror, they were raw! They were all pink in the middle and tasted frozen. Hubby just told me to eat the ones which looked cooked so I ended up eating a sort of meatless pasta. 

Hubby's porkchop came with their Mango Iced Tea. Since I only have the regular Iced tea, I took a sip of his and wow, it was yummy! Yummy enough that I had to order one for myself :) His meal, wasn't that satisfying though. The porkchop was thin and hard to chew. Good thing the mashed potato was good. I'm not really into mashed potatoes, I prefer the fried ones but this one was good even without the gravy. 


The soup of the day was pumpkin soup. I've always loved soup and this one was A-ok. It was creamy and tasted like the real thing, unlike some soups which you'd instantly recognize it came from an instant mix. And then the four cheese pizza! I'm into anything that has tomato sauce and/or cheese with it, but since I've already finished my meatless pasta, I was only able to eat a slice of this gorgeous thing. I could be biased though because of my cheese-tooth. (just like sweet-tooth, yup, I'm trying to be funny lol)


Did I say that we were so full? So full that we had to say no to the calling of the delectable looking desserts (Ice cream!). I couldn't even take one last sip at my Mango Iced Tea. Nevertheless, the desserts alone are reason enough to swing by one of these days. :) 

Eskimo Bob by Icebergs
4th Level, Mega Atrium
Megamall, Edsa Mandaluyong

No comments:

Post a Comment