Wednesday, April 24, 2013

MY-SG with the Family (042013) - Day 3

We took the 8:30 am bus ride to Singapore. Last time lasted for 4 hours so I thought that we will be in Singapore a little past lunch time. I didn't factor in the traffic difference, stop overs and how far the house was from the tourist spots. We arrived at the Malaysia-Singapore boundary around 2pm and having no Singapore dollars, we had to get off at the malls to withdraw. Little did I know that our house was nearer to the previous bus stop, so it took us an hour cab ride from the mall to the house. 

We rented the whole 2nd floor of the house. It was expensive at SGD760 for 2 nights but we took it. The rooms were big and clean and the owner was nice. Plus it was near the airport - just a 10 minute cab ride. Bad side though was that we had to take the train going to the tourists spots. Sorry for the unmade beds. I took the photos right before we leave for the tour the next day.




We had a decent meal at the local eatery right beside Simei Train Station. It was already past 4pm and I was anxious the Duck Tour's office would be close even before we get our tickets. We already have e-tickets, but we needed them to give the ones we would use. We arrived at Duck Tours around 5:30 and though they close at 6 I was told we would be able to start our tour the next day which is not ok because we leave for home the next day at midnight. Good thing I asked for them to check again and there was a bus leaving at 6:10. After the bus tour, which I didn't take so as to plan what to do next, we went to ride the Singapore Flyer then took a cab and literally ran off to find the river boat ride which I was told closes at 9. We were sweaty from all the running only to find out that they close at 10. Whew! Though I took the river cruise last time, this was a little different for me because we took it at night. The city was gorgeous with lights! :) 




After the river cruise, we took the train to Chinatown and did some pasalubong shopping at 11pm! Haha. My feet were dead tired but everyone was still up for it. Tita and Mama were able to buy souvenirs and my cousins, shirts. After shopping, we had a very late dinner at a nearby Mcdonald's and went home via bus as there were no trains anymore. 

Next Stop: Wacky Duck and Universal Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment