Friday, April 26, 2013

MY-SG with the Family (042013) - Day 4

This was the most exciting part of the tour for me - Universal Studio day. Last time I was here, it was raining when we were at Sentosa so our group decided not to go in anymore. Plus, we didn't book ahead and the park was already full.

We woke up around 7 and were at the Duck ride station 30 minutes before departure. We had breakfast at the stall near the station. I had siopao and milk tea. Milk tea in Singapore is delicious, it's a must try. The tour was basically a combination of the bus tour and river cruise. What was amusing about it was the fact that you're riding an amphibian vehicle and it was fun when we were crossing from land to water. :) 


The bus that will take us to Universal Studios was parked at the same station where our Duck Tour started. The bus ride took 30 minutes to Sentosa. There are a lot of places to visit at Sentosa but we focused only with the candy stores right outside USS. I was actually feeling bad for the parents because they were stuck with Lola (she was already tired from all the walking). I wanted to accompany them so they can go sight seeing but I wanted to experience the rides. Hay. Mama, Papa and Lola were with us in the Transformer (best ride for me) and Madagascar boat ride. Return of the Mummy is also a must try ride. I'm not a fan of roller coasters, but this one is good. :) I prefer it over Battlestar Galactica. 




We had lunch inside USS. I was already expecting it to be expensive but was disappointed with the taste. I ordered pasta with coke and coffee pie (it was a small one, like the one in Tokyo! Tokyo!). I'm not a fan of Italian tasting pasta so I did not enjoy mine. I even ordered lasagna for Papa and he too didn't enjoy it. 





We were supposed to be back at the rental house by 10 because the flight was at 12 midnight. We were out of Sentosa by 7 and even had the time to watch the light show at Marina Bay. Because taxi was expensive, (they have an additional charge at night time) we took the bus home, prepared our bags and arrived at the airport on time. I was too happy with the Singapore leg of the tour, I didn't want to leave. Maybe next time, H and I will go back here for the museums, gardens and another round of USS. :)

Oh and I forgot to mention, the deal that I took from Duck Tours included museum and garden visits but we were not able to do so due to lack of time. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment