Saturday, July 7, 2012

Zapata Adventure

Hubby is from Sto. Tomas Pampanga and one Saturday when we went to Bale ("bahay" in kapampangan) we decided to drive to Angeles and visit this Mexican themed restaurant - Zapata's Cantina Mexicana. 

The trip took 2 hrs and we were pretty starved when we got there. Their parking was already full so we parked along the road. Zapata's facade was not that all great and so I begin to doubt the look inside and the quality of the food as well. (judgemental, right? :p ) 



I was wrong, because when we went in, it felt like we were in a different place altogether. I've never been to Mexico but this might be how an authentic Mexican restaurant would look like.




I could be wrong though, but still kudos to their effort on decorating their place. Now for the food, I'm actually not a fan of Mexican simply because I don't like curry or anything that tastes like it. Lucky for me, I can have Quezadillas. I adore cheese. :) 


Hubby tried Chili Zapata which is all meat chili served with 4 tortillas, boracho beans and mexi rice. 


Both of us wanted to check their Burritos so we had one each. Too much food for us? Well yeah but


we were there almost 2 in the afternoon and we were really hungry. :p Since the Chili Zapata tasted (to me at least) of curry, it was a so-so for me. Hubby, with an adventurous tongue, was quite happy with his choice and cleared his plate. The Quezadillas were lovely, with just the right amount of spiciness in it. The Burritos were just ok. Maybe it's also because were already full when we tried them, but surprisingly though it tasted so much better being eaten straight from the refrigerator because we took them home and ate them for breakfast. :p 

Over all, I'd say Zapata's was worth the driving time. Feast your eyes with how they decorated the cantina and salivate over a Mexican food of your choice. :)

Zapata's Cantina Mexicana: 
488 Don Jucio Avenue
Angeles City, Pampanga
Philippines
63.45.892.0859

No comments:

Post a Comment