Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Viral Spiral

They say that the buffet in Spiral, Sofitel is the longest buffet we have in the Philippines. I have been to Spiral 3 times already, all thanks to my project's team buildings because I can't afford to spend almost Php 2000 on buffet and even if I can, I don't think it's a smart choice. Being the heavy eater that I am, I still don't think that I could eat that much worth of food. 


The Spiral, as I have mentioned, is located at the ground floor of the Sofitel Hotel. The hosts are dressed in what I think is Thai. There are several tables of food offering various cuisines such as Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, Indian and of course Filipino.

My first plate was almost all Japanese. I didn't bother getting any from the Filipino entries for 2 reasons: 1. I can have them anytime I want but not from Spiral of course :p 2. I need a huge amount of tummy space :p



My second plate came from the Italian side of the buffet offering a number of different breads, pasta and pizzas as well as cured meat. Everything on that plate was Italian except for the tempura which I simply must have (again) and the dumpling which I got from the Chinese table full of noodles, dumplings, shanghai rolls and other meat. 


There were also fresh choices: shrimps and oyster. They even have this huge, mean looking crabs but since I thought I was allergic to them I didn't have any. Too bad :(

Now for dessert. I didn't know if taking pictures on the floor is allowed so I just quickly took shots of their long dessert table. :) 






Of all that there is, unfortunately my tummy can only accommodate a few so this was my dessert plate.


My fruit plate. (I know fruits are to be considered dessert, but let this time be an exception :p ) 


And finally, my huling hirit. Ice cream :) (the assorted nuts came from the Italian table. I don't know why they have those but I got them and put on my ube happiness, yey!) 


Needless to say, I had to discreetly unzip my slacks after lunch to relieve my suddenly bulging belly. Haha!
Come to think of it, maybe its worth the spend. Going there one time and saving up for it isn't at all that bad. I might ask Hubby to have lunch there on our anniversary. We'll see :) 

Spiral:
Ground floor, Sofitel Philippine Plaza 
CCP Complex, Roxas Blvd. 
Pasay, Philippines 


No comments:

Post a Comment