Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sick and Hungry

Because of the rain that has been pouring since 2 days ago, I caught colds and have been sneezing and blowing my nose since I woke up. Being not in the mood to cook, I browsed to check what can be delivered for lunch. I didn't want burgers today, not craving for soup either though it would be perfect for the weather. I checked KFC, Shakey's, and Jollibee but since I don't want the delivery guy getting soaked travelling all the way here , I chose Chowking as there is a store just 10 minutes away from us. 

I loved their King's Congee and I usually partner it with their tofu. I don't know why but now it is only available for breakfast and delivered only until 11am. Sad. So I checked their menu for something else and decided to just get the Chinese Style Fried Chicken Lauriat without drink as I'm trying to cut off on my soda intake. Instead, I ordered Nai Cha (milk tea) for 2 reasons: I like their Milk Tea. It's not too sweet and the tea taste was strong. 2. they have a minimum order of Php 200 for delivery and the Lauriat only costs Php 175. 

This lauriat consists of their Chinese Style Fried Chicken (of course), fried rice (I was expecting plain) pancit canton, few chicharap, 2 pieces of pork siomai and a buchi. 



I was told that though there is a Chowking near us, the one delivering my order was the Petron C5 branch. The operator said the one in Pembo does not deliver. So much for thinking of Kuya's sake. But still, Petron isn't that far from us and it was just drizzling when he came.My food arrived past 3 and I'm already starved so right after taking pictures I immediately bit a chunk of the chicken and shoved a spoonful of rice. I don't know if it is just my colds affecting my tounge but the chicken has a burnt taste to it and the rice was too oily. I went for the pancit but it too didn't taste good. It was dry. The siomai were just ok. I was trained as a kid to finish what's in my plate being made guilty when I didn't by pointing out that I was blessed to have something to eat while others starve, so even though nothing on my plate excited my taste buds except the buchi and chicharap, I left nothing. 

Good thing I had the Nai Cha. As I have mentioned, I love tea so this one, though having a few uncooked and clustered tapioca,  made my day. 



Many times have I eaten Chowking's but this was my first delivery (and probably the last). The food tasted different in a not so good way. I'll probably stick with burgers next time. 


Chowking Delivery
Hotline: 702.88.88



No comments:

Post a Comment