Monday, June 17, 2013

Visiting Zambales Amidst the Rains (062013) - Day 1

June is the birth month of Hubby and the next month, our anniversary so being the wanna-be-traveler that I am, I planned for a simple get away. Ever since we got married (almost 2 years now) we have not yet traveled alone, always with companions. Last Malaysia - Singapore trip was with college friends and the Bohol - Cebu one was with my folks. Since Hubby is not a fan of getting too many of his VLs, I planned the short vacation to fall on a Friday - Sunday schedule. 

I have a coupon from Belle de Jour that gave me a 30% off on a resort in Zambales and since I also want to visit the Tiger Safari and Ocean Adventure, I emailed Subic Grand Seas Resort inquiring about their rates and my usage of the coupon. They also offer packages that will allow you to visit Tree Top Adventure, Zoobic Safari and Ocean Adventure without the trouble of reserving the tickets yourself as they will take care of that for you but unfortunately, the packages can only be used if I don't use my Belle de Jour coupon. I calculated the rates and because the 30% savings on the coupon is much greater than what we can save using their packages, I opted to reserve the tickets for Zoobic Safari on my own. 

A typhoon has just passed and even though we boarded the Victory bus to Zambales at around 12 in the afternoon sunny, we arrived at a pouring Subic at around 5 pm. We took a jeepney to the resort which was an P8.00 fare away from the bus station. 

The resort was within the populated part of the area and it was near convenient stores, restaurants and beer houses hehe. I was actually expecting it to be in the "quiet" section as was the resort we had in Bohol but I was wrong. Subic Grand Seas reception area and interiors made up for the trouble it caused me to book for a room. I had to email them a few times and even call 3 times a week before our trip because they're not prompt in answering inquiries. Maybe they're just not into emails because the staff was actually polite and friendly. 

Since it was raining when we arrived, we went directly to our room and Hubby just had the chance to take pictures outside when the rained stopped. 




When we had the chance to go outside, we scouted for a diner to eat, and since Hubby googled a diner recommended by others, we went to The Coffeeshop which was a 10 minute walk from where we were staying. It looked like a school cafeteria inside but it was almost full when we entered. They are famous for their humongous serving of Tacos, so we ordered one, (if I remember right) a burrito, and because I was famished, an order of sisig and 2 plain rice. We were not able to take pictures because we forgot to bring the camera with us. The picture below is from travelbook's website. 



The taco was really huge and good but sad for me I didn't have more of it because I started with the sisig and half the burrito. The taco cost us only P90, the burrito P90ish as well so if you're going there, order the two. The sisig tasted like minced porkchop, and was overpriced at P180. It left me disappointed as I was expecting it to be at least as good as the sisig in Supreme's (a local restaurant near the in-laws' house in Sto. Tomas, Pampanga) considering its price versus Supreme's P80 per order. 

After dinner and because it started drizzling again, we went back to our room and had a massage for two at around 9pm. Room accommodations in Subic Grand Seas come with a free massage for one but since I used my coupon, we had a couple massage. :) 

Next day: Zoobic Safari

No comments:

Post a Comment