Monday, June 10, 2013

For The Birthday Boy

Today, I filed a leave at the office so that I can be a cook for the day :) It's Hubby's birthday and I wasn't able to buy him a gift (last year's was a wallet) so I decided to clean the house and cook something for two. I wasn't really a morning person (and I suffer from Insomia) but today was an exception. Woke up just in time to make a quick breakfast for him. When he went off for work, I started fixing things in the house and went to Market! Market! a little past 2 in the afternoon to do some groceries. I was definitely going to make pasta, probably a soup and buy cake and a wine. That was the plan. I went straight to the grocery and checked around for things that we might need other than the ones for the dinner later. You know how one can get lost in the grocery right? <guilty face> So when I checked my watch, I was surprised to see that I've been walking for almost an hour already with only a box of milk, a few canned goods and bread in my basket. Realizing I don't know yet what soup to do, and being in the vegetable section, I opted to make just a salad instead. I got some lettuce and looked for croutons. Unfortunately, they only have one brand of croutons which was a little expensive (P120/pack) but I got it anyways. I grabbed a few mangoes and went to the wine section and bought one. Wanting to make it a little special, I went to this Japanese store and bought 2 of what I though were wine glasses. (Only to find out later that they were just water glasses, as pointed out by the Hubby. Haha! Malay ko ba?) Red Ribbon was at the far end from the supermarket but I still went there wanting to buy their Tiramisu cake which was good when I had it during my lead's birthday. However, that day, they ran out of stock so I ended up with Black Forest which was actually too sweet for my taste. 

I got home a little before 6 and started cooking the pasta right away. Of course, I took photos of the wine and the food before the birthday boy arrived. 






After all the preparations, I was dead tired but it was all worth it. For my birthday boy. :) Happy birthday, dear. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment