Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bohol - Cebu Trip (092012): Day 1 - Xzootic Animal Park and Loboc River

So after the quick visit to Baclayon Church, we went to Xzootic Animal Park, where you have to pay (if I remember right, P12 each of entrance fee). It's a small zoo along the road side. Since I've been to zoos when I was a kid, this was just a so-so experience for me. The only highlight was that we were able to pet this huge snake (he was asleep). Yes I held him, just once haha. And Hedwig was there too! :p 



We didn't stay that long in the zoo. We just bought some pasalubong and decided to go straight to Loboc River for lunch. I think it's imperative that when you go to Bohol, you have to have lunch cruising the Loboc River. We paid P300/head for the boat ride and lunch. My Tita (who has been to Bohol a month before we did) said that the food depends on the boat you ride. We chose the one recommended by Kuya Cito. The food wasn't really that good as I expected them to be. Some were actually dry, and though it was a buffet, my seconds were just mainly fruits. We were given a bottle of soda each and because I'm not really into sodas, I forced myself to buy their bottled water overpriced at P40 each. :(


Though my tummy wasn't that satisfied, my eyes were. I grew up in the city and I light up really when I see greens. Loboc river was teeming with green life. And the air, so fresh! At the end of the river was a waterfall and a floating hut where locals were waiting for every boat riders to go down and join them in their singing and dancing. 





Next stop: Ship Haus and Man Made Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment