Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life crisis on a gloomy morning

As much as I want to make this first post light and fluffy, it seems it won't be. My mood must have been affected by the weather today. It's drizzling outside and at 7.30 am the sky looks like it's 2 hours late of light. I'm not a morning person but today I decided to wake up early for 2 things: 1. to prepare for hubby's breakfast and 2. to hopefully sleep early tonight as I have been suffering from insomnia. My parting from the bed before 11 am (which is the usual since I am on leave from work) is not the reason why I couldn't even fake a smile today. It's because I had this dream which included my parents (who are both senior citizens) driving a rented, old and broken car to get me to a wedding. I felt sad not because it's old but because they have to rent it. We still don't have a car you see. No, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be just maarte. I'm fine with commuting. It's just that I promised myself I'd buy them one when I start working just so they don't have to ask relatives to carpool with them during reunions or weddings, so they don't have to wait for a cab while all others pass them by in cars to get from the church to the reception or cemetery. I want them to have the comfort of just having to stand and wait for me to drive them to anywhere they need to go. But I still can't. After almost 6 years of working (which includes the 2 years I was a working student) I haven't saved for a second hand car. :(

Let's go blame Mr. Sun for this life crisis because he refuses to shine today. But on second thought, let's not point fingers on anything nor anyone. This will pass and Mr. Sun will soon be beaming, I hope. As they say, Happiness is a choice so I am choosing to be happy.

Hello World!


No comments:

Post a Comment